Baby Food Muffin Bites
Once upon a time, Dan and I would dedicate the recipes on this blog to dishes we enjoyed together, things that were creative and delicious. Now that we have a 9 month old baby, we thought it would be a neat idea to develop recipes that she can enjoy as well. She usually eats table food along with us during meal times, but we wanted a way to incorporate some of the baby food we keep for her in the pantry. Here, we combined baby oatmeal and pureed baby food into some nutritious mini muffins that are good enough for even Mom and Dad to sneak a bite.
Prep Time 10 M
Cook Time 15 M
Recipe Yield 24 Lil Baby Muffins
- Gather your ingredients. Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place mini cupcake liners into the cups of a mini muffin tin, or spray the tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In one bowl, combine the flour, oatmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, beat the egg, then stir in the pureed baby food, the banana, the butter, and the milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and stir well to combine.
- Fill each muffin cup about halfway, using a small ice cream scoop or a tablespoon measure.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then remove the muffins to a rack to cool.
- Here's our Pinterest Pin, for you to share.