Bacon Donut Sliders
Mini donuts serve as the vessel for flavorful bacon cheeseburger sliders.
Prep Time 10 M
Cook Time 15 M
Recipe Yield 24 lil baby bacon sliders
- Gather ingredients. Preheat oven to 350F.
- With a sharp knife, slice each mini donut in half crosswise to create a top and bottom bun. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the ground beef with the salt and pepper and mix well with your hands.
- With a tablespoon or small ice cream scoop, scoop the beef mixture and form into small patties. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 2 tbsp of the bacon fat.
- Fry the patties for 2 – 4 minutes per side to desired doneness.
- Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Place the cooked patties onto a cookie sheet.
- Place one piece of cheese on top of each patty.
- Place in the oven for 3 – 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- To assemble, place each patty on a bottom “bun,” then top with a piece of bacon and a top “bun.”
A few weeks ago, some of our buddies did the Hotter’N Hell Hundred, a 100-mile bike ride through the hellish temperatures of West Texas in the summer. They had a celebration afterward, and we thought they needed something substantial to get their strength back. We thought something delicious and unhealthy would do the trick. Here, mini donuts serve as the vessel for flavorful bacon cheeseburger sliders.