Blueberry Apple Crisp
Plump little blueberries and juicy apples combine with honey, butter, brown sugar, and oats to make a succulent and sweet dessert.
Prep Time 10 M
Cook Time 30 M
Recipe Yield 6 Servings
- Gather your ingredients. Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- First for the topping: combine 2/3 cup flour, oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Add the cold butter and, using a pastry cutter or a fork, mash the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse sand. Set aside.
- Next, for the filling: gently combine the blueberries and apples with the sugar, honey, 2 tbsp flour, and cinnamon, using your hands to avoid damaging the fruit.
- Spread the fruit mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- Evenly crumble the oat topping on top of the fruit mixture.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes until the topping is golden brown. Serve warm.
While I am not a fan of the hot weather that comes with summer, I love the abundance of fresh fruit that comes with the season. It’s so fun to figure out ways to incorporate fruit into summertime menus. Here, plump little blueberries and juicy apples combine with honey, butter, brown sugar, and oats to make a succulent and sweet dessert.