Classic Italian Meatball Recipe
If you’ve never had homemade Italian meatballs, then NOW is the time to try making them! It’s so easy to do, and they are so delicious! Be sure to make these along with a homemade batch of Classic Italian Marinara Sauce. It’s the best of both worlds, and you’ll save time cooking in bulk, so you can freeze and consume later at your leisure! The marinara recipe was passed down through at least 4 generations of Italians, so you know it’s good! Be sure to check out our Homemade Italian Marinara Sauce Recipe – it’s a great combination!
Prep Time 20 M
Cook Time 45 M
Recipe Yield 12 huge Italian meatballs
- Gather your ingredients.
- In a bowl, combine the two meats and knead together until mixed well. Into the bowl, crack open the two eggs, then add 1 cup of breadcrumbs, diced onions, 1/3 cup of grated Romano Cheese, Oregano, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt, and Pepper.
- Make sure to use freshly ground black pepper, you will get a flavor that is FAR superior to dried up pre-ground black pepper.
- Thoroughly mix by kneading the mixture together with your hands.
- Using your hands, proceed to shape your meatballs. I like somewhere in the middle of golf ball and baseball sized meatballs.
- Look at this stack of meatballs! They will be tasting REAL good in a little while!
- Add meatballs to the marinara sauce.
- One by one, dunk the meatballs under the marinara sauce. Simmer for at least 45 minutes. Be sure to check the center of your biggest meatball before considering them done.
- Enjoy your fresh homemade meatballs!
- Feel free to share this pin!