Creamy Bacon Gnocchi Recipe
Tender pillows of potato gnocchi are nestled in a creamy sauce spiked with savory mushrooms, peas, and crispy bacon.
Prep Time 10 M
Cook Time 15 M
Recipe Yield 4 servings
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a large pan, cook the bacon until crispy, about 5 minutes.
- Remove bacon from the pan and place on paper towels to drain.
- Leave the bacon fat in the pan.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the pan and sauté until brown and softened, about 3-4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the peas and sauté for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the mushrooms and peas from the pan and set aside.
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions.
- Remove the gnocchi with a spider or a slotted spoon into the pan and sauté until they start to brown, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the gnocchi from the pan and set aside.
- Pour the milk into the pan and bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the milk until it is the thickness of heavy cream.
- Gently stir the gnocchi, mushrooms, peas, and most of the bacon into the sauce.
- Serve and garnish with the remaining bacon.