Crunchy Coconut Shrimp
Sweet coconut coats succulent shrimp and turns crispy, crunchy, and delicious after a dip in the fryer.
Prep Time 15 M
Cook Time 5 M
Recipe Yield 2 Servings
- Gather ingredients. Heat oil to 350F.
- Rinse the shrimp thoroughly and pat dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the coconut for 10 – 15 seconds.
- Place into a large bowl and combine with the panko and the cayenne. Place the cornstarch in another bowl, and the beaten eggs in a third bowl.
- Coat the shrimp in the cornstarch, then dip into the egg, and finally dip into the coconut mixture.
- Carefully place the coated shrimp in the hot oil and fry until cooked through and crisp, about 2 – 4 minutes.
- Drain on a paper towel.
- Serve with rice and the Thai sweet chili sauce.
We are big fans of seafood. Dan particularly is fond of shrimp. We’re also big fans of fried food, so when the opportunity to fry seafood presents itself, who are we to say no? Here, sweet coconut coats succulent shrimp and turns crispy, crunchy, and delicious. Serve it with Thai sweet chili sauce or your favorite dipper.