Helpful Amazon Suggestions:
Help support this site with a simple Amazon purhcase. How does this work?
- Gather the ingredients together.
- Bring the tonic water to a boil. Use an electric kettle—they boil fast! We've had this "Brentwood" model for 6 years now, and it's still going strong.
- In a container, pot, or bowl of some sort, add the contents of 1 box of jello to the boiling water, and continue stirring until all Jello is dissolved, which will take about 1 minute. Then turn the heat off. Pour in your, hopefully, ICE COLD liquor and stir for 1 more minute. Science says that your shots will solidify better in the fridge if your liquor is as cold as possible when you add it to the boiling hot Jello.
- After everything is totally dissolved, pour the mixture into little plastic shot glass cups. Be careful not to spill! If you want to be really safe about it, check out the "Jellinator", and you'll pour more accurately and have less spills!
- Set in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Place the shots near a blacklight for the glowing effect to work. I'm using this 24" blacklight from Amazon.
- Enjoy responsibly!
Jello Shot King'S RECIPE NOTES:
When you display these shots at your party, be sure to set them up near a blacklight, because that’s how the lighting effect works. The Tonic Water is actually black light reactive and that is what creates the awesome glowing effect. The jello adds color and flavor! Enjoy these glowing jello shots responsibly! 🙂