Helpful Amazon Suggestions:
Help support this site with a simple Amazon purhcase. How does this work?
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a mini bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and eggs until well combined.
- Add in the milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla, and stir well.
- Stir in the boiling water until well combined. The batter will be thin.
- Pour the batter into the bundt pan, filling each cavity about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 – 24 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes, then invert onto a cooling rack to cool for 30 minutes more.
- Pour 1 tbsp caramel sauce into the hole of each cake.
- Place the chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat the cream over medium heat until it comes to a boil.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate chips and allow stir until well mixed and glossy.
- Allow to cool slightly, about 5 minutes, before drizzling over the cakes.
Stella and Daniel Antic'S RECIPE NOTES:
While there’s nothing quite like a giant, gooey chocolate cake, there’s something to be said for a scaled-down, miniature version of said. We made these for Dan’s dad’s birthday a while back, and they were a hit. Here, chocolate mini cakes are filled with sweet caramel and drenched in chocolate ganache for a rich and delicious dessert.