Orange Slice Jello Shots
These jello shots use bits of real orange, so you know it’s good! Real oranges, jello, and vodka.. QUITE THE COMBO! The best tip I can offer is to leave a bit of the orange flesh, and don’t remove it all.. when you do/eat the shot, you will get a bit of the real juicy orange flesh, which really pumps up the volume on the ORANGE flavor. Definitely a party favorite right here!
Prep Time 10 M
Cook Time 5 M
Recipe Yield 18 jello shots
Be a jello shot master with these highly rated products!
- Gather the ingredients together.
- Time to hollow out your oranges! Be careful not to cut too deep into the rind.. you don't want any leaks at this stage! I personally think that leaving a bit of the juicy orange flesh is a fantastically delicious idea, if you really want some of that real orange juice layered in with the jello and vodka. You may need to sort of slice pieces off of the bottom of each orange half, in order to flatten it out a bit so it doesn't lean too much to one side or the other.
- Bring the water to a boil. Use an electric kettle—they boil fast!
- Into a mixing bowl, add the contents of 1 box of Orange Jello to the boiling water, and continue stirring until all Jello is dissolved, which will take about 1 minute. Then turn the heat off. Pour in one cup of ice cold vodka and stir for 1 more minute.
- Carefully pour the mixture into the orange halves, and set in the fridge to cool and set for 2 hours! Be careful not to spill! If you want to be really safe about it, check out the "Jellinator", and you'll pour more accurately and have less spills!
- This is what the orange halves full of jello should look like.
- Check out the final, juicey shot! See that beautiful orange juicy flesh on the bottom of that slice! The real orange juice mixed with the orange jello/vodka combo is TOTAL YUM! Enjoy Responsibly!
- Please share this on Pinterest - ORANGE SLICE JELLO SHOTS - Real Oranges, Vodka, Orange Jello