Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake
When asked to determine what kind of birthday cake Dan wanted for today, he scoped out some of my dessert cookbooks for inspiration. He knew he wanted cheesecake and pointed out one with candy bar chunks, one with peanut butter, and one with a chocolate swirl. I figured since it was his birthday, he could have all three. Here, the creamy peanut butter cheesecake combines with Reese’s peanut butter cup chunks, a chocolate/peanut butter swirl layer, and a buttery chocolate crust for a totally decadent birthday cake.
Prep Time 35 M
Cook Time 40 M
Recipe Yield 8 servings
Here are some things that might help you with this recipe...
Sub Recipe #1
INGREDIENTS for Crust:
DIRECTIONS for Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place graham crackers in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Empty into a mixing bowl, add melted butter and sugar, and combine.
- Press the mixture into a 9″ springform pan, spreading evenly on the bottom and sides. Bake for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Microwave the peanut butter for 30 – 45 seconds, or until melted. Spread evenly on bottom of the crust. Set aside.
Sub Recipe #2
INGREDIENTS for Filling:
DIRECTIONS for Filling:
- Preheat oven to 325F. Beat cream cheese, peanut butter, and sugar until smooth. Add vanilla and mix. Gradually beat in eggs one at a time. Remove 1 cup batter into a separate bowl and set aside.
- Into the remaining batter, fold in the Reese’s peanut butter cups, reserving 1/4 cup for garnish. Spread batter into the prepared crust.
- Stir reserved batter into the melted chocolate chips. Drop mixture by tablespoons onto surface of peanut butter batter. Using a skewer or butter knife, gently swirl for a marbled effect.
- Place the pan into a larger roasting pan and fill the larger pan with about 1/2″ water. Bake 45 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from oven and allow to cool 30 minutes. With a knife or flexible spatula, loosen cheesecake from side of pan. Cool completely, then garnish with the reserved peanut butter cups.