Ricotta-Toasted Pecan Brownies
The other day, I went shopping for lasagna ingredients and inadvertently bought the jumbo tub of ricotta cheese. Since I wasn’t making enough lasagna to feed the whole neighborhood, I ended up with some left over. Instead of making more pasta (which would have been tasty), I figured there was a way to bake something with it. Here, a creamy ricotta filling and crunchy toasted pecans join gooey brownies for a special treat.
Prep Time 25 M
Cook Time 25 M
Recipe Yield 18 Brownies
As an Amazon Associate, the author of this recipe earns from qualifying purchases. Would you like to know more?
Sub Recipe #1
INGREDIENTS for THE FILLING:
Sub Recipe #2
INGREDIENTS for BROWNIES:
DIRECTIONS for BROWNIES:
- Preheat oven per brownie mix package instructions. Spray a 9″ x 9″ or 7″ x 11″ pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a skillet over medium heat, toast the pecans until they become fragrant, about 5 minutes. Be sure to stir frequently, and make sure they do not burn. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, prepare the brownie mix per package instructions using the oil, egg, milk, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In another bowl, stir together the ricotta, butter, sugar, egg, flour, and vanilla. Set aside.
- Evenly spread half the brownie batter into the baking pan. Sprinkle half the toasted pecans on top of the batter. Refrigerate for 10 – 15 minutes. When chilled, remove the pan from the refrigerator and evenly spread the ricotta filling on top of the batter. Spread the remaining brownie batter on top of the ricotta, then sprinkle with the rest of the pecans.
- Bake according to package directions. Allow to cool before slicing.