Sliced Lemon Drop Jello Shots
This is the real deal.. SLICED LEMON DROP JELLO SHOTS! The lemon flavored or citron vodka is the key to success here, it really amps up the lemon flavor, in order to create a true lemony lemon drop shot! If you leave a little bit of the lemon flesh in the bottom of the shot, you’ll also get a nice tart/super lemony flavor to compliment the sweetness of the jello. Enjoy responsibly!
Prep Time 5 M
Cook Time 10 M
Recipe Yield 18 jello shots
Make Jello shots like a pro with these highly rated products!
- Gather the ingredients together.
- Slice two lemons in half. Then carefully carve out 85-90% of the flesh. Be careful not to carve too deep! Feel free to leave a bottom layer of juicy lemon flesh—This adds a lot of flavor to the shot! It mixes really nicely with the lemon jello & lemon or citron flavored vodka!
- In order to pour the jello in and have it be fairly level and straight, you may need to cut a little zest/rind off the bottom side of the lemon, to make a more flattened bottom so it won't roll and spill the jello.
- Boil 1 cup of water. An electric kettle or microwave is the quickest way.
- Into a mixing bowl, add the contents of 1 box of Lemon Jello to the boiling water, and continue stirring until all Jello is dissolved, which will take about 1 minute. Then turn the heat off. Pour in one cup of ice cold vodka and stir for 1 more minute.
- Carefully pour the mixture into the lemon halves, and set in the fridge to cool and set for 2 hours! Be careful not to spill! If you want to be really safe about it, check out the "Jellinator", and you'll pour more accurately and have less spills!
- Look how delicious this is looking already! Now place them carefully into the fridge to set for about 2 hours.
- After the jello has set, carefully slice the lemons into any shape you want. I personally prefer to cut them into half circle shapes.. it's super easy to eat that way!
- Please share this on Pinterest - LEMON SLICE JELLO SHOTS