Helpful Amazon Suggestions:
Help support this site with a simple Amazon purhcase. How does this work?
Make Jello shots like a pro with these highly rated products!
- Gather the ingredients together.
- Slice two lemons in half. Then carefully carve out 85-90% of the flesh. Be careful not to carve too deep! Feel free to leave a bottom layer of juicy lemon flesh—This adds a lot of flavor to the shot! It mixes really nicely with the lemon jello & lemon or citron flavored vodka!
- In order to pour the jello in and have it be fairly level and straight, you may need to cut a little zest/rind off the bottom side of the lemon, to make a more flattened bottom so it won't roll and spill the jello.
- Boil 1 cup of water. An electric kettle or microwave is the quickest way.
- Into a mixing bowl, add the contents of 1 box of Lemon Jello to the boiling water, and continue stirring until all Jello is dissolved, which will take about 1 minute. Then turn the heat off. Pour in one cup of ice cold vodka and stir for 1 more minute.
- Carefully pour the mixture into the lemon halves, and set in the fridge to cool and set for 2 hours! Be careful not to spill! If you want to be really safe about it, check out the "Jellinator", and you'll pour more accurately and have less spills!
- Look how delicious this is looking already! Now place them carefully into the fridge to set for about 2 hours.
- After the jello has set, carefully slice the lemons into any shape you want. I personally prefer to cut them into half circle shapes.. it's super easy to eat that way!
- Please share this on Pinterest - LEMON SLICE JELLO SHOTS