Helpful Amazon Suggestions:
Help support this site with a simple Amazon purhcase. How does this work?
Slow cooker heaven awaits with these fantastically high rated products!
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, 1 tbsp olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper, tossing to coat the beef evenly. Refrigerate and let marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Sear the beef until browned, flipping once or twice, about 5-8 minutes. (Depending on the size of your skillet, you may need to do this in two or more batches.) Place the beef into a slow cooker.
- Without cleaning the skillet, add the sliced onions and saute until tender, about 4-5 minutes, using a spatula to scrape up the beef bits from the bottom of the skillet. Add the onions to the slow cooker.
- Add the garlic, chipotles, vinegar, lime juice, bay leaves, cumin, oregano, beef stock, salt, and pepper into the slow cooker with the beef and onions.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-6 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Using two forks, shred the beef into small pieces. Serve with tortillas or on rice, with any toppings you choose (we used pico de gallo, avocado, and lime).