Slow Cooker Chicken Stock and Chicken Noodle Soup
This is the best chicken noodle soup you’ll ever have!
Prep Time 10 M
Cook Time 45 M
Recipe Yield 4 Servings
Sub Recipe #1
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN STOCK
INGREDIENTS for SLOW COOKER CHICKEN STOCK:
DIRECTIONS for SLOW COOKER CHICKEN STOCK:
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8-12 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Allow to cool.
- Strain liquid into containers, reserving the solid pieces of bone, meat, and vegetables.
- If your chickens still had meat on them, remove the meat from the bones and set aside. We did this by spreading out the solid pieces on a cookie sheet and picking out the meat.
- We saved only the carrots, but the other vegetables can be used in other recipes if desired.
- For reduced fat stock, refrigerate the stock overnight and skim the solidified fat from the surface. The fat can also be stirred back in if desired.
- This stock can be stored in containers in the refrigerator or frozen in ice cube trays for later use.
Sub Recipe #2
HOMEMADE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
INGREDIENTS for HOMEMADE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP:
DIRECTIONS for HOMEMADE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP:
- In a medium pot, bring the chicken stock to a simmer.
- Add the egg noodles, chicken, and carrots.
- Allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the noodles are done, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt.
- Add parsley and serve.