Slow cooker heaven awaits with these fantastically high rated products!
As an Amazon Associate, the author of this recipe earns from qualifying purchases. Would you like to know more?
Sub Recipe #1
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN STOCK
INGREDIENTS for SLOW COOKER CHICKEN STOCK:
DIRECTIONS for SLOW COOKER CHICKEN STOCK:
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8-12 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Allow to cool.
- Strain liquid into containers, reserving the solid pieces of bone, meat, and vegetables.
- If your chickens still had meat on them, remove the meat from the bones and set aside. We did this by spreading out the solid pieces on a cookie sheet and picking out the meat.
- We saved only the carrots, but the other vegetables can be used in other recipes if desired.
- For reduced fat stock, refrigerate the stock overnight and skim the solidified fat from the surface. The fat can also be stirred back in if desired.
- This stock can be stored in containers in the refrigerator or frozen in ice cube trays for later use.
Sub Recipe #2
HOMEMADE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
INGREDIENTS for HOMEMADE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP:
DIRECTIONS for HOMEMADE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP:
- In a medium pot, bring the chicken stock to a simmer.
- Add the egg noodles, chicken, and carrots.
- Allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the noodles are done, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt.
- Add parsley and serve.