Smoked Salmon Puffs
We enjoy making smoked salmon. It’s really versatile, and can be enjoyed on its own, or as part of a dish. This recipe can be sized as an entrée (like we did), or can be scaled down for appetizers. Here, smoked salmon and a savory creamy filling join crispy puff pastry for an elegant, yet easy, dish.
Prep Time 20 M
Cook Time 20 M
Recipe Yield 6 Smokey Creamy Wonder Puffs
Make the perfect puff pastries with these highly rated products!
- Preheat oven per instructions on puff pastry package. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the smoked salmon, cream cheese, garlic powder, herbs, parsley, salt, and pepper until well mixed. Set aside.
- Sprinkle the flour onto a clean cutting board or other flat surface. Lay one sheet of puff pastry down and, with a rolling pin, roll gently into a square shape. With a sharp knife, cut into four squares. Place the squares onto the baking sheet.
- Repeat the rolling and cutting with the second sheet of puff pastry, setting aside the squares.
- Place 1/4 of the salmon mixture on top of a puff pastry square on the baking sheet. Continue with the remaining mixture and squares. With a basting brush, brush the egg around the edges of each square, then place one of the plain squares on top.
- With a fork, press the edges together, making sure to create a good seal. Brush the tops of each stuffed square with the rest of the egg.
- Bake per package directions. Allow to rest for 4 – 5 minutes before serving.