Sockeye Salmon Cakes with Toasted Chickpea and Roasted Corn Salad
Sockeye salmon cakes and a spinach salad with roasted corn, carrots, and toasted chickpeas, lightly dressed with olive oil and balsamic.
Prep Time 15 M
Cook Time 15 M
Recipe Yield 2 servings
Sub Recipe #1
INGREDIENTS for Salmon Cakes:
DIRECTIONS for Salmon Cakes:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place salmon fillets on baking sheet. Drizzle with 2T olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat 2T olive oil. Saute the onion, celery, and bell pepper until soft, about 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sauteed vegetables, parsley, capers, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, cajun seasoning, panko, mustard, and eggs.
- Using a fork, break the salmon into chunks. Add to the vegetable mixture and stir to combine.
- Using your hands, form the salmon mixture into 6 patties.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat 2T olive oil. Fry the patties until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side.
Sub Recipe #2
INGREDIENTS for Toasted Chickpeas:
DIRECTIONS for Toasted Chickpeas:
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Rinse the chickpeas and place onto a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Sub Recipe #3
INGREDIENTS for Salad:
DIRECTIONS for Salad:
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl.