Spicy Chorizo Kale Soup
This is a hearty, comforting, spicy soup that is perfect for a chilly day.
Prep Time 10 M
Cook Time 45 M
Recipe Yield 6 Servings
- In a large Dutch oven or pot over medium heat, heat the olive oil and add the chorizo and cayenne pepper.
- Sauté until the chorizo begins to brown, about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and onions and sauté for 3 – 5 minutes, then cover the pot for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, bay leaves, chickpeas, tomatoes, chicken stock, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover the pot, and let simmer for 20 – 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the kale and allow to simmer 5 minutes more before serving.
Dan’s mom makes a delicious spicy chorizo and kale soup. Since cooler weather is upon us, we got her recipe and have made several batches in the past week. This is a hearty, comforting soup that is perfect for a chilly day.