Helpful Amazon Suggestions:
Help support this site with a simple Amazon purhcase. How does this work?
These things could turn a sub-par recipe into amazing...
- Gather your ingredients.
- In a bowl, toss the shrimp with 1/4 cup soy sauce, chili sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, ground ginger, dry mustard, sesame oil, honey, 1/4 cup mirin, salt, and pepper, coating evenly.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes-1 hour.
- Spray a grill pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Over medium heat, grill the pineapple for 3 minutes, then turn.
- Add the mushrooms and grill for an additional 2 – 3 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade, reserving the marinade in the bowl.
- Grill the shrimp for 2 – 3 minutes per side, being careful not to overcook.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Deglaze the pan with the remaining 1 tbsp mirin and scrape any browned bits from the pan with a spatula.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the reserved marinade and the remaining 1 tbsp soy sauce.
- Add in the deglazing liquid from the grill pan.
- Bring to a boil, then serve over the shrimp, pineapple, and mushrooms.
Stella and Daniel Antic'S RECIPE NOTES:
Serve with rice or noodles. For presentation purposes, we put these on skewers, but that isn’t necessary.