Tequila Lime Jello Shots
Tequila is not something you normally think of when someone says, “JELLO SHOTS!”.. but yes.. we’re making it happen. And guess what??
TEQUILA JELLO SHOTS ARE ACTUALLY PRETTY GOOD!
It’s a good change from boring old vodka jello shots. The recipe is pretty much exactly the same except we’re obviously using Tequila instead of vodka here. And we’re finishing off each shot with a sprink of salt, and a small wedge of lime placed on top of each shot. To take the shot, grab the lime wedge and squeeze it over the shot so the lime juice drips all over. Then squeeze the shot into your mouth! Bam! The tequila and the lime jello actually pair nicely with the lime juice and the salt kind of ties it all together. Enjoy these responsibly kids!
Prep Time 10 M
Cook Time 5 M
Recipe Yield 18 jello shots
- Bring one cup of water to a boil. I recommend you use an electric kettle—they boil fast!
- Choose a good mixing bowl. One with a pouring lip helps. This Oxo type would definitely make it easy to pour into shot cups.To your bowl, add 1 Cup of boiling water and then stir in a box of Orange Jello. Keep stirring until all Jello is dissolved, which will take about 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup of cold liquor, and stir for 1 more minute. Side note: Science tells us that your shots will solidify better in the fridge if your liquor is as cold as possible when you add it to the boiling hot Jello.
- Now you're ready to pour some jello shots! Carefully pour the mixture into little plastic shot glass cups. Be careful not to burn yourself! It may help to move the jello into a smaller more manageable container at this point, from which to pour the shots from. If you want to be really safe about it, check out the "Jellinator"!
- Chill for 3-4 Hours. To serve, place a half of a tiny lime wedge on top, and sprinkle with salt. To consume, squeeze the lime over the shot, then take the shot and squeeze it into your mouth! Tequila Lime Jello shots to the rescue! Enjoy them Responsibly!