Ziti Pasta Pressure Cooker Recipe
Every kitchen needs a pressure cooker. If you didn’t realize it.. let this be your wake up call! Pressure cooking causes intense heat and pressure to cook quicker and leave food more moist than usual. When cooking food at high pressure, the various flavors and elements of the dish have nowhere to go but to meld and mix with each other, so you’ll often see richer flavor profiles. You also find that cook times are much lower than with any other method. You can cook a tender roast in a little over an hour with one of these things! Well enough of the talk.. how about an amazingly fresh and flavorful pasta dish in as little as 15 minutes flat? Try this recipe.. and feel free to put your own spin on it! Watch our video and please LIKE the video and SUBSCRIBE to our channel!
Prep Time 15 M
Cook Time 5 M
Recipe Yield 8 servings
Pressure cooker heaven starts right here.
- Gather your ingredients...
- Heat olive oil, then add garlic, followed by the onion, and then red pepper. Saute for about one minute, then add the Italian Sausage, and cook until no pink meat is visible. Do not overcook at this point! Add 1 lb Zita pasta, followed by 1 jar of tomato sauce, followed by 3 cups of water.
- Stir, then place lid on pressure cooker, and set to high steam.
- Once High steam is reached, cook for 5 minutes. Take lid off, then stir and simmer for 3-5 minutes more, until desired noodle doneness.
- Add chopped basil, and stir.
- The basil adds a wonderful zest to the flavor profile of the dish.
- Add cheese, and enjoy!