Fishbowl Jello Shots
Why make normal jello shots, when you can make shots that wow.. shots that are memorable for your guests.. LET’S MAKE JELLO SHOTS FUN AGAIN! Seriously folks! These shots are a great add to your party arsenal. These almost look like something you would have at a kids party! Gummy fish and jello… but then Mr Satan starts knocking on your door and oopps.. some vodka and blue curacao fell into the jello mix! Damn.. guess we havin’ a party now! These are actually pretty good, and add a lot of color and pizazz to your party offerings.
Prep Time 10 M
Cook Time 5 M
Recipe Yield 16-18 Jello Shots
- Gather your ingredients! Vodka, Blue Curacao, Berry Blue Jello, Gummy Fish
- Bring one cup of water to a boil. I recommend you use an electric kettle—they boil fast!
- Choose a good mixing bowl. One with a pouring lip helps. To your bowl, combine 1 cup of boiling water with a box of Berry Blue Jello. Keep stirring until everything is dissolved, which will take about 1 minute.
- Add 1/2 cup of cold vodka and 1/2 cup cold curacao, and stir for 1 more minute. Blue Curacao is sweet liqueur with a paradise-like orange flavor.. you can also get a non-alcoholic Blue Curacao if you want to tone it back on the booze. And side note: Science tells us that your jello shots will solidify better in the fridge if your liquor is as cold as possible when you combine it to the boiling hot Jello. Not sure why, but it just works best.
- Now you're ready to pour some jello shots! Carefully pour the mixture into little plastic shot glass cups. Be careful, it's real easy to be messy and waste that precious alcoholic liquid! It may help to move the jello into a smaller more manageable container at this point, from which to pour the shots from. If you want to be really perfect about your shot pouring, check out The "Jellinator"
- Lay out your shot cups. At this point you have to choose how you want to position your little gummy fish. Do you want them in the bottom of your shot cups? Or do you want them on top? Or both? I tried it both ways as you can see in the photos.
- If you put the gummies in first and pour the jello over them and let the shots set, the gummy softens up a bit and isn't super hard or tough, which is sort of nice.
- But if you press the gummies in from the top, they will be fresh gummies and will be easier to see. The gummies at the bottom of the shots were pretty hard to see well after the shots were set and ready to consume. Btw, if I make these again, I'm going to buy this awesome rainbow assortment of JuJu Fish.. 2.5lb. JuJu gummies are the best!
- Enjoy Responsibly!
- Fishbowl Jello Shots - Gummy Fish, Blue Raspberry Jello, and Fish Gummies!