Helpful Amazon Suggestions:
Help support this site with a simple Amazon purhcase. How does this work?
You'll need these things to make high quality cold brew coffee!
INGREDIENTS for Cold Brew Coffee:
- Find some good fresh coffee beans! I recommend these highly rated yet relatively inexpensive organic beans.
- Pour those lovely grounds into a plastic mesh bag. This bag is so easy to use, and is reusable. I highly recommend. I got this mesh bag on Amazon.
- Sinch the bag shut, and place into a gallon jar of some sort. I found this pretty decent jar that comes with a spigot on Amazon.
- Now fill that jar with some high quality H20! No, seriously.. I recommend purified water. Reverse osmosis purified if possible. The better tasting your water is, the better your cold brew coffee will be, trust me. I have a home water purifier that works perfectly, and it was cheap and easy to install! This is the same reverse osmosis unit that I have owned for the past 7 years, highly recommended, also found on Amazon.
- Let the coffee brew/steep for 18-24 hours, in or out of the fridge, it doesn't really matter at this point. The longer it steeps, the stronger the taste! Keep it in your fridge if you want it cold! I suggest drinking it with a little simple syrup and ice! Enjoy!
Recipe Set #2
If you want to sweeten your cold brew, using sugar won't work too well as it won't dissolve well in the cold drink. Simple syrup to the rescue!
INGREDIENTS for Simple Syrup:
- Simply get a little bit of hot water, maybe 1-2 ounces. Microwave it or use your kettle, but get it HOT! You're going to use it to dissolve some sugar, making a "simple syrup". The goal is to dissolve as much sugar as you think you'll need in your cold beverage, using as little water as possible.. depending on how much dilution you're OK with adding to your drink.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, add the simple syrup to your coffee and mix thoroughly.